Friday, September 14, 2007

You and me

"Maybe in another life, when we're both cats." ~ Vanilla Sky

It was raining the whole day. I stood on the bus stop, cursing the grotty weather and trying not to get too wet.

So why am I doing this?

" Haven't seen u in a while,

meet me at Jones' tomorrow

afternoon if you are free." - J

I checked my cell and read again the txt from him last night.

"Bastard." I cursed again. The old man standing beside me was shocked, I quickly apologize to him and said it was not addressed to him.

10 minutes later i arrived at Jones. He was already there, sitting and he smiled at me, "Lookin great."

"Save the crap will ya," I waved my hands to the waiter. "Vodka tonic, thanks."

"Vodka tonic? Not in a good mood are you?" he said still smiling. How annoying.

"So what is it James?" I asked him while taking off my creme coat.

"Well, we haven't talk in a long time, and I...I just miss you, May." He scratched his head, his blonde curls fallin around his forehead.

"I honestly don't have time for this." I rolled my eyes and took out my Peter Stuyvesant and light it up.

"Why not? Got a new man already?"

"No."

"You...Still arrogant as usual."

I shrugged my shoulder and sipped the vodka tonic. In an instant my head was reacting to it.

"Yet you still want to see me." I said.

"You're not the most beautiful woman in the world you know."

"I know."

"Smart but, there are still woman smarter than you."

"Thank you."

"And not the kindest for sure. Maybe one of the meanest."

"So?"

"Why are you so snobby, Mai, look, I just wanted to have fun with you, is that a sin?"

"Fun? Well in that case you better join the queue."

"Don't fool around May, you don't have time to give those guys you're attention. Because none of them is as good as me."

I sat there in silence. He's right.

"If I'm that bad James, why do you still txting and asking to meet then?"

"You got something that I want."

"Keep going..."

"Its not just about your lips, or tits, or pussy."

"Hah, classy!"

"It's more than that, you...make me feel incompetent. There's no use on pretending you don't want me. Stop acting like you don't need me."

"I'm not gona die for not seeing you."

"Why are you so reluctant?"

"I hate desperation James, you know it."

"Do I sounds like desperate to you?"

"I don't know. I can smell desperation coming from you."

His face hardened. I know that look, he's pissed off. But then he took a deep breath and back smiling again.

I don't know. He likes me, I know, he told that million times. I like him too, but he doesn't know. The problem is my feelings is a mixed of like and hatred. I don't like his honesty. It's too straight forward. I don't know if I want to get down and dirty with him. He is kinda cute with his curly blonde hair and blue eyes. And his smile is kinda dazzling.

He stood up from his chair. He gave me a peck on my cheek. "You smell good."

"Anyway, it's good to see you again Mai, give me a text?"

"Maybe, maybe not." I stood there and finished my drink.

"Why not?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I don't know James, maybe in another life...when we're both cats. Good bye James" and with that I left the bar, feeling empty and hollow.

No comments: